A 3-D VR MODEL FOR OPTIMAL ALIGNMENT SEARCH SYSTEM OF HIGHWAY DESIGN (OHPASS) USING ASTER GDEM
Motoya Yamasaki1, Masaharu Inoue2, Takayuki Fukase3, Ichizuru Ishimoto4, Ippei Iwamoto5, and Shunta Shimizu6
1) Ph.D., Prof., Faculty of Regional Environment Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Tokyo, Japan.
2) Road Group, NEWJEC Inc., Osaka, Japan.
3) Road Group, NEWJEC Inc., Osaka, Japan.
4) Overseas Consulting Administration, Nippon Koei Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan.
5) Overseas Consulting Administration, Nippon Koei Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan.
6) VR Support Group, FORUM 8 Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan.
Abstract: This study developed a function in OHPASS, Optimal Highway Path Automatic Search System, to allow it to use ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model (ASTER GDEM) that covers all the topographic data in the world. In addition, we have constructed a system that enables output files from OHPASS to be viewed and evaluated as a three-dimensional (3D) virtual reality (VR) model. The system can be used for landscape evaluation and road structure evaluation in road alignment planning, and for consensus building with concerned parties throughout the world using OHPASS.
Keywords: astergdem, road design, virtual reality
Motoya Yamasaki, Masaharu Inoue, Takayuki Fukase, Ichizuru Ishimoto, Ippei Iwamoto, and Shunta Shimizu. “A 3-D VR MODEL FOR OPTIMAL ALIGNMENT SEARCH SYSTEM OF HIGHWAY DESIGN (OHPASS) USING ASTER GDEM.” In Proceedings of International Conference on Civil and Building Engineering Informatics (ICCBEI 2015), 73. Tokyo, Japan, 2015.